Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Is Life like a Pink Panther movie?

No one really gets away with the "perfect crime" planned or otherwise opportunistic. Someone always takes the wrap.

Its 2:30am and I'm watching the Pink Panther on CBC .. I will say first off ... I absolutely adore Sir David Niven in each and every thing I've seen him in. From The Charge of of Light Brigade to the the Prisoner of Zenda to The Guns of Navarone to No Deposit No Return and lastly the Pink Panter movies. I'll admit that I have not seen all his movies but in all honesty, I love him none the less.

Most especially because, in my humble opinion, he looks like, or reminded me of my grandfather! Lorne Gotfried Richards ... suave and handsome like Sir David Niven. I don't know if my siblings shared the same opinion of Grandpa Lorne as I ... but in all honesty it doesn't matter. Like anyone else, my memories are my own.

My mom had an absolutely beautiful poem that completely epitomized the essence of my gradfather that was read at his funeral ... Well actually I cannot recall if it was actually read at the funeral or at the reception... In all honesty, I couldn't get through it without crying ... I don't have it at this very moment on this computer but I'll find it soon and post it here. It is so very powerful and stunning; one of those passages or songs that you can't help but get emotional about. You know that song or psalm ... And he will raise you up, on eagles' wings ...

I really didn't mean to leave you hanging .. just wasn't thinking past the David Niven/Grandpa Lorne memory. Sorry ...

Let's take it on the arches .... catch up later :D

No comments:

Post a Comment